As you may know, our customer Addison Lee is a pioneer in embracing technology to drive growth, reporting recently that its free iPhone app generated £50 million worth of bookings throughout 2012.
What you may not know is that John Griffin and Lenny Foster co-founded Addison Lee in 1975 in an office above a kebab shop with only one car. Since then, the company has enjoyed much success:
- Almost ten times the size of any other London minicab company
- Europe’s largest supplier of private hire services with over 16,000 customers including 50% of the FTSE100
- Undertakes up to 32,000 journeys per day for around 10 million passengers each year
“We’ve grown massively in the last eight years…” said Alistair Laycock, Marketing & Sales Director at Haulmont Technology, part of Addison Lee plc, “…and that’s really all down to embracing technology, specifically location-based mapping and GPS,” he adds.
At Google’s PinPoint event in October, Laycock presented Addison Lee’s three stage approach to using location-based products to make ‘smart decisions’ for your business to drive growth.
The three stage Addison Lee approach:
1) Real-time mapping and GPS data
2) Making the right decision or ‘smart decision’ based on that data
3) Automating all of the process to be able to scale up without having lots of people managing the process
Laycock reveals, “30% of all our bookings are placed with an iPhone or Android. Using our fully automated process means, the first time a human is involved is when the driver greets the customer at their pick-up point”.
Click here to read our Addison Lee case study.